I grew up in Long Beach, NY but since then, things have changed dramatically and for the better! Here are my five favorite places to eat in or around Long Beach, NY:
- Brasserie Persil – This little French bistro is located in Oceanside, about 10 minutes from downtown Long Beach. The wine list is great and reasonably priced. The food is on point every time. We keep going back to this little gem of a restaurant and love to order their fish, but their beef is good too! I can’t say what my favorite dish is because I like to try new things each time, but I’ve never had a bad meal there and I enjoy going to a place where the owner knows my name.
- Mio Posto – This Italian restaurant is located in Oceanside on Long Beach Road. They serve traditional Italian flair family style. I love the Shrimp Wendy and the clams in white clam sauce. They have a host of other great dishes. Get there early because they fill up quickly.
- Fresco Creperie & Cafe – Located in Long Beach, off Long Beach Road on Park Avenue, this quaint creperie has delicious savory and sweet crepes along with interesting salads. I love the chicken crepe that includes cheese, spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms but there are about a dozen of different ones to choose that are just as good. The only problem with this place is they only take cash so be prepared.
- Gino’s – This is a landmark in Long Beach. Established in 1962, this Italian Pizzeria/Restaurant serves everything from a slice of different varieties of Pizza to a full Italian menu. The prices are reasonable and it’s a great place to take the whole family.
- Naghama – This is a Japanese restaurant serving delicious sushi. I enjoy going here but they get very crowded and when they do the service suffers. Otherwise the fish is fresh and they have some unusual rolls. I enjoy the No Name and Dragon Roll but also like the Jake and the Channukah roll. They used to name rolls after people but they no longer do that. The prices are reasonable and you walk away feeling satisfied. The restaurant is located in Long Beach, near the Theatre off Long Beach Road and on Park Avenue.
Have others that you love, list them in the comments below…