What struck me was when I got on the plane from Miami to St. Croix. I noticed that everyone seemed to all know each other. Hmmm… I wonder what that is about?
When I asked Sharon Rosario, from the Department of Tourism, she just smiled and said, “this is our Island. We all come together and know each other. When someone has a new dog, there’s a party. When someone has a new car, there’s also a party!” she said. That made me smile.
Here are a few things that I would highly recommend doing while you are in St. Croix:
- Taste of Twin City – Food tasting and cultural walking tour in Christensted — “Q” the host is very informative and will provide you with a history of the island along with a history of the various cuisines on the island. Restaurants visited include: Singh’s Fast Food, Zeny’s Restaurant, Rum Runners STX, Gary’s Bakery & Deli, Ital in Paradise (all Vegan restaurant), and Savor St. Croix Sweets (Ice cream shop).
- Compete in the Beauty and the Beast Triathlon. This challenging half distance race will sure to knock your socks off with the gorgeous Island views. This event is organized by VITRI.
- Go Shopping — You will certainly see something you love and if you don’t, you can always get a custom chainy, pieces of pottery made into jewelry
- Go on Big Beard’s Catamaran to snorkel – You will travel to Buck Island and see the most gorgeous beach in the word with white sand and turquoise blue water. Big Beard’s Adventure Tours also takes you out to a reef, which is truly magnificent. This is not to be missed. You feel as if you’re in an aquarium.
- See a Pig Drinking Beer – This is located in the rain forrest at a place called Mt. Pellier Hut Domino Club. Originally the pig enjoyed alcoholic beer but now he only drinks the non-alcoholic beer! (He’s currently in recovery… haha!)
- Go to the Rainforest – While there drive up the beast and when you get to the top, stop and take a photo from one of the highest points of the island.
- Enjoy the gorgeous beaches – You can go on any beach, anywhere. All the beaches are public beaches. All are gorgeous!
- Play golf on one of three courses – Buccaneer Golf Course, right on the Buccaneer Hotel facilities, this gorgeous course is challenging! Others including: Carambola Golf Club and the Reef Golf Course.
- Get a massage at the Beeston Hill Health and Wellness Center – I don’t think I had a better massage!
Lastly, you can even eat amazing food off a food truck! There’s so much to see and do in St. Croix. I highly recommend checking it out on your next vacation. You will thank me!