With the threat of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) many businesses throughout the New York metropolitan area have resorted to “wfh” (work from home). With so much noise from email distractions to alerts on the news, it’s hard to stay focused. Here are some tips on staying focused while working from home.
- Have a Dedicated Space to Work – It could be your kitchen table, dining room table or, if you prefer, you can sit on the floor in front of your coffee table.
- Leave the TV Off – The television will only distract you. Instead, listen to soothing music on your Amazon Alexa, your Sonos or your computer laptop.
- Make a list – “To Do” lists are more important now than ever before, especially when you are working from home.
- Take a Break For Lunch – Make sure that you hydrate throughout the day and take a break for lunch. This will help clear your mind. You may even consider taking a walk around the block just to get some fresh air.
- Consider taking an online course to revamp your skills — I will be offering one in June on how to set yourself apart from your competition and live your passion. Here’s the link in case you are interested – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/branding-in-a-digital-world-six-week-course-tickets-99279700256
- Check Your Emails Less Frequently – You don’t have to immediately respond to every email, direct message or text you receive. Stay focused on the project at hand and then when you are finished, answer emails, text messages and direct messages.
- Stay Calm and Don’t Let COVAID-19 or Coronavirus Emails Distract You – If you do, you will get nothing done. If you need a break, download Calm or any other meditative app on your iPhone or Android device. Then take five minutes out and use it. You will feel more refreshed.
- Make sure to keep interacting with your customers and contacts via Facetime, Skype or Zoom.us — Having a place where you can continue to network is important. With CDC and others telling us not to meet in person, these digital tools will help us feel more connected!
This is the time to reinvent yourself and think about where your business and/or your career is going. You may even want to buy my book, Branding in a Digital World, from Amazon, Barnes & Noble or iUniverse. The book focuses on helping you market your business or yourself in a different way so that you stand out from the competition. When we find a cure for COVID-19, that will be the time to make your change in your business or personal life.
Comment below on how you will stay focused and why you would want a copy of Branding in a Digital World, and, if picked, you will win yourself a free copy!